Thursday 23 October 2014

Good Girl Gone Bad, Pissed, Annoyed, Fragile

Wow where has the last few dyas gone again. As you may have seen, the title is full of sarcasm and realism.

Lets start with my lungs and health all rolled into one. First off my lungs, ive had a really bad infections this week. On Friday i got put on more antibiotics and steroids put up to 40mg. Over the weekend i got worse and by monday i couldnt talk. I pushed my luck and went to the gp as really didnt want to go to hospital. My oxygen levels were 92% and i was really struggling. The doctor wanted me to go to hospital but we came to the compromise that we would increase my steroids even more and hope for the best. He said if by Thursday i was no better i had to go see them again. Thankfully, this morning all was better and my oxygen levels were back up to 95% and i was no longer nebbing every 2 hours.

The next bit of health was with regards to my bones. I had my second dexa scan after i had one 3 years ago and got told i had osteopeania. Thankfully as a whole the results say that ive not gone into the osteoparosis stage BUT my femur has shown some deterioration and my spine has shown it is crumbling pretty bad. Great.

Ive also had another pain team consultation and because ive not been able to decreased my codiene and when i have ive needed more morphine theyve doubled the dose of my morphine patch. At first i felt ok but now as the evening is going on im feeling very spaced out and a little weird.

A change from my health, to a friends health. Remember i mentioned a few weeks back about a very good friend who was super poorly, well things started getting better and even got to the stage she managed a few hours off oxygen and walked a little. Sadly though the next day she was extremely poorly again and has since been on the ventilator again for the past 2 days. I really feel bad, wish i could do something to help her. Hope she starts getting better super soon.

My poor other half bless her has had a bad few days. Shes been so worried about ne that its messed up her mental health a little and has sort of gone tunnel vision. Shes dropping lots of things, not really understanding basic tasks and unfortunatly yesterday somehow managed to leave the freezer door open slightly and 3/4 of the food defrosted and either had to be chucked or cooked. Ive tried telling her that its ok. No1 got hurt. No harm has been done and not to worry but she still feels really bad bless her. What annoys me the most is that her parents havnt given her basic life skills for living solo. She doesnt know the basic things about life and with me being poorly at the moment i really dont have the energy to actually guide her. Im trying but its making me very exhausted.
To cheer her up though we went charity shop shopping today to get her some new clothes and for her to have a change of enviornment.

On the wedding front, bloody hell its coming around far too quickly. On Tuesday we went and got another gift for a very special boy who will b walking us down the aisle and carrying our rings. We made him a build a bear and purchased a wedding tux to dress it in hehe.

Well my new morphine patch is really knocking me out so im off

TTFN

XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment