Thursday 3 October 2013

Life Recent Events

Thankfully life is doing fantastically at my other halfs in Cornwall and her family are fantastic, they are so supportive and just want to help me with everything. Im not used to all this care and help.

Ive had an appointment at my old local hospital and shes pleased with how things are going, and she said she will contact Plymouth hospital to see if they will take on my care as she knows the consultant there and aparently he manages difficult asthma also. Though this doesnt mean that Im going to stop going to Birmingham as they have been amazing.

Talking of Birmingham, I have also been to see them. Physio saw me first and done a few tests on me and confirmed that I dont have dyafunctional breathing nor do I have hyperventilation syndrome so I am absolutly over the moon with that. She also taught me a few more gunk moving chest physio moves which is super helpful. She also said that if this doesnt work by the time she rings me in a few weeks, she will see about getting me a device to help increase my lung function and shift a bit more gunk!!

Dr M is please that I have managed to stay on 10mg of pred, though when I asked if I could reduce it more or come off it altogether he said no, so thats a bit of a downer. He also says that im not allowed to reduce any of my other maintenance meds either. I guess the only good way of looking at this positivly is that I dont need any more meds currently. He wants to see me again in 3 months time to keep a close eye on me.

So life has been full of hospital appointments and driving up and down the country.

Im still waiting for an "urgent" mri scan at the request of my hip consultant to see how advanced my avascular necrosis is...who knows how long thatll be!!

Im travelling back to Cornwall tomorrow as I have an appointment at my new GP surgery to fill them in about me.

I am so shatterdd though, I tried driving today after going to Birmingham today and my legs just didnt want to work, theu were shaking all over the place, I really do hate the way things have ended up!!

Well thats my bit of excitement for the last week!!

TTFN

XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment