Thursday 4 December 2014

The End Is Near

The title for my post today is very relevant to a number of things, firstly, the end to this year. This year has not only been fantastic because we got Dixie, but because we got married, my wife turned 21, we have met our potential sperm donor, we have moved into our own home, we have a new nephew, ive started a new treatment and so far, this is the first year ive only landed in ITU once. The second thing that is nearing to an end is, from what it seems, the weekly trips to plymouth hospital being taught my subcut Ig infusions. Myself and my wife have pucked up and remembered the whole routine in just one session so now we are literally just reasuring ourselves and also keeping an eye on the headaches I am getting following these treatments each week. My link nurse seems to think though that shell be doing a home visit by christmas and then we will only need to go to clinic for follow ups. The third thing coming to an end this year is Dixie being in foster. Weight, dont get excited just yet as no we havnt been given a permenant home. Just sadly the lady who was fostering whilst her husband works away so that she g ad company can no longer foster because her husband is no longer working away and he wNts to decorate the house. We aremanaging to stay at my dads from christmas day untill the 6th of January but then we are stuck, we have nowhere for Dixie to go. I refuse to get rid of her. This year has literally been full of emotions being both positive and negetive. A lot of how the year has turned out has been utter crap, but it seems that no matter what is thrown at us, we have managed to pick ourselves up, carry on and see the lighter sideof things. To top of this year, I got gi en my mobity scooter. Ive been on it fir about 10 minutes at a time so far untill this week. This week has shown new beginnings, opportunities and prospect because myself and my wife were able to go for a stroll down the camel trail for 3 hours and although I was tired it was purly through fresh air and chest infection instead of the usual muscle weakness and breThlessness. I really cant bieve how so much can go on in just one persons life. May e I should write a book...though dont hold me to that as the chances of me following it through are as high a chance of me doing a skydive jump. TTFN XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment