Sunday 7 October 2012

The End Of My Recent Journey

On Thursday I was all ready and waiting to have my metacholine challenge test done. When I eventually got down to the respiratory centre, everything was set up and I started by doing a basic spirometery. After one blown the resp tech then said he was stopping the test straight away as my lung functiin was only 51% compares to july which is a steady drop. A little gutted as wont be getting any other suggestions or answrs but also slightly happy as I know that the test isnt very nice.

During the late afternoon I got a little excited as I heard the HCAs talking about moving me into a side room...result, no more old people and their weird noises at night. UNTILL...they said there was no point as I was potentially going hom the next day as test couldnt be complete. Gutted.com!!

Friday came and they went over the tests I had done and reminded me of the new doses for my medication and best of all they said I could go home.

Mum arrived about 1530 and straight away I just wanted to leave so we started by just putting my kit in the car. Once that was dobe mum treated me to a yummy costa coffee and cake. Yum!¡

An hour later my body thought it would be great to have another allergic reaction, so I went to the dic who fast bleeped medical illistrations as they want tk start a portfolio to the weird and wonderful reactions I keep having. Once they arrived and done their bit I then had the lush drugs to counteract the reaction.

By 1900 my meds finally arrive, are checked and we are leavin *happysmiles*...and mum treates me to a scrummy maccers!! Much better than the to many to count fish finger meals I had consumed lol.

P!nk is pounding out the speakers and we hit the road. Once the album was complete, zonk, Im asleep...and next thing I know, we are home!!

My step dad bless him said I looked much better as I had sone colour in my face etc and then we tell him  about my latest reaction. For some reason my stepdad always seems to think the minuted ive left hossie im instantly better...weirdo!!

I have to admit having my own bed again was lush. But I hated not being able to sleep sat up right, the duvet was to hot and the strangest of things, I hated it when I woke in the night and I couldnt instantly see as there was no light. Strange how things change in a matter of weeks!!

With being on a much lower dose of steroids than I have been in 22 months I am suffering massivly with the pred withdrawls and I hate it. When its at its peak in the middle of the night im crying in pain and just want to wither give in and take more steroids or just go to hossie and get stronger drugs. I never no what to do!!

My rant for the day, and now to catch up on two weeks of tv

TTFN

XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment