Wednesday 8 May 2013

Here, There and Everywhere

I have no idea why I tend to leave blogging for so long as I forget where I last left things and I forget how much Ive done in that time so here goes ... and it will probably not be in the order in which I done it either!!

So first up, because I have the most amazing mum in the world who looks after me so well, and puts up with a lot from me I decided that she needed a holiday and that I was going to treat her, so I told her that she had 24 hours to find a nice holiday lodge that would be dog friendly and that we were going the last week of April so she best get looking and fast. she found a place called Honeysuckle lodge, and one thing I forgot to mention to mum is that I wasnt rich, but she loved the look of it and the next thing I know Im booking it,
Honeysuckle Lodge
The lodge was the most beautiful looking thing I have every stage in. The views when i woke up every morning were stunning and that was before I even moved in my bed as the beds were placed directly facing the windows to we had something amazing to look at from the moment we woke the moment we went to bed. During the week holiday we had done some much that I was exhausted and sadly my legs couldnt hold me any longer and the gave way (serves my right really for not using my crutches). We visited 3 beached, the lost garden of heligan, gardens of trebah, had a suprise dinner with mum and Sophie's parents (and thankfully the got on amazingly) and we also went around lost off different towns ranging from Boscatle to Perranporth. Thankfully the weather was the best weve had this year and we even caught some rays. Mum had had the most amazing chilled out week she has had in a long time, so much so that she didnt want to come home. So I think my goal had been achieved for saying thank you. Love you mum!!

Lost Gardens of Heligan
Gardens of Trebah










Before our lush holiday I had been back up to Heartlands hospital for my 3 monthly appointment. Sadly my lung function was still only 52%. this is a bonus of course as the last time it was 47% but its still not perfect. My consultant has decided that my reflux is getting far to out of control and that it is time for me to have surgery (fundoplication). Now many people say that this is a minor operation, and yes I agree to some degree as nothing is being removed and nothing is being added BUT for me this is a huge thing as the last time I had surgery I stopped breathing as I had an allergic reaction to the anaesthetic, so its fair to say, its a huge operation to me. On top of this, Im not looking forward to being on liquidized food for 2 weeks following the surgery either. YUCKY!!
I did ask the question of what more there is for me following the operation for if it didnt work, and my consultants response was, I have more up my sleeve, but try and be positive. This is great but as this has been going on now all my life, I am starting to feel that Asthma is actually taking over my life and it is restricting me so much that I cant handle it any more!! I also discussed with my consultant that I didnt want to be on steroids anymore and he told me that I have to, im not allowed lower that 10mg so instead of being on the high dose I was on we decided to do a drastic dose straight from 40mg to 10mg and boy havnt I paid for it since, for a week flat (and still on and off now) I was getting severe nightmares that scared the poop out of me and resulted in me just not sleeping as they were to nasty. then when the nightmares started dyeing down a little and I managed to get a little bit of sleep, my body would only let me have about 2 hours at a time before it was telling me I had to be awake again. SUCKY much!! On top of the horrid dreams, I have had a headache now for the whole time that I have been on this low dose steroid, my joints and muscles have been in agony and ive been eating paracetamol and tramadol like its going out of fashion!! I generally cant wait for things to start improving health wise!!

I also had an admission which wasnt all that nice as I ended up on lots of oxygen again IV aminophylline. I have to say this is starting to be a regular occurance now which im not liking as they are also really struggling to get IV access with me and when they do they soon collapse. I have talked to consultants about having a port a cath fitted but currently they are saying that whilst they can find a vein under ultrasound scan they will continue to do so. which I have to say sucks a little bit as im ending up with stained skin where im constantly bruising and they just arent healing properly. 

Before all the above had happened, mum had also sadly collapsed and went unconscious on me. it was super scary as I couldnt move fast enough like I used to to help her. I got an ambulance as soon as possible as she was knocked out for a good 5 mins and even when she came around I didnt have the strength to lift her. As it turned out the paramedics didnt want her lifted untill they got there anyhow just incase she had hurt herself. Mum did have to spend the night in hospital as it turned out her blood pressure was mega low, nd this was probably due to stress because of the split and all the hassle still going on with her ex. It seems that even though we have moved out from them they are still causing hell. So the much needed holiday from about was most certainly needed for more that my reasons of giving mum a break for myself!!

Well I think that has been the highlights of my life so far!!

TTFN

XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment