Friday 19 July 2013

About Time It Got Better Dont You Think!?

For me it is more gutting news. Ok so I slightly already new it in the back of my mind or maybe thought it could be that but now it is official. The doctors have diagnosed me and are treating me...I have Steroid Myopathy and I hate the fact it is now reality. For those of you who dont know, Steroid Myopathy is a muscle wasting disease caused by steroids. I have to try everything in my power to keep what little muscle strength I have else i will be wheel chair bound. I am considering a wheel chair now but still debating it as my legs technically still work and im sure if I were to use a wheel chair perminatly what muscle I currently have will be gone for good, and thats the last thing I want. I also have to start a new drug which is similar to steroids but it has no side effects like the steroids. Sadly though this doesnt mean that I never need to take steroids again, every asthma flare up I have, I have to have a big dose again yo get me through. Perfect.

Also as mentiobed before I have been having problems with my hip, well today I had an injection in it in the hope itll sort it out. I have to give it 2 weeks to see if it has made a difference. If not I am being refered to orthopeadics.

Is life ever going to get better, or am I going to have to suffer more and more with these shitty side effects.

I guess on a positive note, I can officially marry my amazing girlfriend who has been my rock these last few weeks. Love you so much!!

TTFN

XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment