Monday 24 February 2014

New Achievements!!

What an early start it was this morning, one I wasnt wanting one bit, sadly though it had to be done because my other half had a hospital appointment which I was taking her to. Nothing major, just the tightening if her braces, the adding of two more blocks and the adding of a thicker wire all in preperation for her surgery towards the end of the year. I also had a doctors appointment this afternoon because im still worried about my low phostphate level. Im pretty sure something should be being done about it. Thankfully I pre book this appointment a week ago to guarantee it bein with the doctore I get on with. Whilst with him, he dictated a letter to my new local cons asking for his support re my phosphate just to see if there was a link between that dropping and my asthma. He also told me he has wrote on my behalf to the ambulance service so that the next time I have an attack, they dont sit and play. He also gave me a letter from my new cons explaining I had a pisitive test to the mannitol challenge I done a few weeks back, also that he wants me to start a different pill in the hope it may help my asthma...to which my gp at first was confused as in his words "he thought I was in a gay relationship" lol, I had to explain a little bless. All in all im pleased though I also lost another 3lb in weight this week, which gi es a grand total of 8 and 3/4 lb this year altogether. I know its coming off slowly, but im pleased with that, ive not gain any weight at all this year and the slower it comes of the higher chance of it stating off. Right!? Me and my other half also took our little puppy Dixie for a walk down the camel trail today. It was her first time down there where she was allowed to walk and we had her on the stretchy lead so that she could wander where she liked. She absolutly loved it. When she got tired though, she made us chuckle because she just sat there and looked back the way we came. Such a little character she is. Im off for my hip procedure tomorrow so you may not hear from me. Wish me luck!! TTFN XXXX

8 comments:

  1. Well done with the weight loss. Its better if it comes off slowly. My weight is creeping up thanks to the good ole steroids!! Hope you're feeling ok. My lungs are not happy today!! Good luck for tomorrow. Hope all goes smoothly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it has been a tough fight with me for loosing weight. Coz of being in a wheelchair most hours and like u, always on steroids. I just changed wat I was eating, wen super healthy, with one treat day a week. But also cut my intake by half. I worked out how much roughly I was burning off a day, and im feeding myself less. Whereas before I had more going in to my body for wat I was actually managing to burn off. And I also go swimming once a week now as it takes the strain off my muscles. Hope ur lungs give u a break for tomorrow. And thanks for tom, I hope all will b ok also x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry if this is a silly question and I hope u don't mind me asking, but why are u in a wheelchair a lot?
    Yep I hope my lungs give me a break soon too! Have had to use the lift at work as just can't cope with the stairs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a silly question at all, and no I dont mind u asking. I have developed steroid myopathy from being on long term steroids for four years and previous to that about 8-10 courses a year for roughly 10 years. Guess the little smarties had to start causing my body harm eventually. I have got lots of other side effects also sadly though from steroids.

    Ah, the good old lift, use it whilst u have to, and never worry about needing to use it. Itll help give ur lungs a brwak wen they feel rubbish. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh! Thats worrying, I've only been on them for about 6 months and around 8 courses over the previous year. But I'm already getting a lot of muscle and joint pain which the dr reckons is from the steroids!! Seems quick to be getting problems!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It more than likely is from steroids. I get horrendous pain and on daily morphine now. When ever u can, get down to the lowest dose possible. The way I do it, is up them for 5 days then drop straight back down to my maintenance of 10 after the five days. The withdrawl symptoms r bad, but if u can fight it ur helping ur adrenal glands wake up again and start working like they r meant to as they go to sleep wen steroids r increased. Plus it gives your body a good reserve so that wen u r poorly, not only do you have ur bodies steroid but uve got a larger dose of steroid going into ur body. Try ur best to keep moving though, itll keep the strength within both ur joints and muscles. If ur lungs can cope, I would highly recommend swimming, or try and get hydrotheraphy through ur gp. Daily physio is also great the prevent any more weakening if u can get that through ur gp also. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the advice. Still learning how all this works really. I'm on 50mg pred at the moment. Dr hopes to get me off it altogether if my lungs can cope. He said will do it slowly to avoid as much side effects as possible!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is a wacking high dose, i would def get off of that as soon as possible, i guess if ur at that dose, i would initially taper down as u could shout ur adrenal glands off altogether, but id say wen u get down to 20 or possibly even 30 u could jump straight down to a maintenance and then go slowly again as it should effect u as much at all. That way if y flare up again ull have something to play with at a bigger dose. And no worries about the advice, i very much needed it wen i first became brittle as didnt have a clue so i know it can be of help sometimes xx

    ReplyDelete