Thursday 14 August 2014

Good vs Bad

Firstly yesterday. Bloody hell I was a right state. My partner was at the gym and i decided it would be a great idea to take our puppy for a walk. All was going well untill we got to a walkway that ran alongside a railway track. At the point of us getting to the track a steam train went by. Our puppy decided it was a great idea to try and chase it. So running as fast as she could her lead stretched as far as possible causing me to be pulled and i fell over which somehow caused her lead to unhook from her harness and she was gone. Because of my asthma and muscles disease i couldnt get to her. A well, undisabled person would of been able to chase their puppy and get them back but for me i couldnt. Plus i was super hurting from falling. At the end of the lane there was a cross roads that led to a road so i had every thought going through my head. I even had it that she had got onto the train track.

I rang the police and the wouldnt help, they told me to ring the non emergency police to which i done...once i got through they refused to help me and told me the emergency services shouldnt have told me to ring them. He told me to ring the council to get the dog warden. Once i got through to them (25minutes later) all they done was take my details just incase someone found her.

Thankfully a fellow dog walker saw me in a complete state and went hunting for her. She also gave me tasks to do whilst i stayed put just incase our puppy came back. I put a shout out on fb, i also rang to local radion and they also done a shout out for us and we rang around the local vets.

2 hours later i had a missed call and a man slowly drove past me asking for a street. That street being where i lived and as soon as i started talking, my voice must of been recognised as next thing i know my puppy jumped up in the back of his carmand went mental for me. (I didnt see her straight away as i was on the floor). The extremely kind man found her about a mile away looking like she was running away from something. I hate to think what was going through her head. As all i know is i was stressed, devestated and in a right straight. Its like a part of my heart had been taken out. Once home and since yesterday, our puppy has been super clingy and wont be in a room on her own so is following us everywhere.

Thanks to the pure kidness of some local people, we have our little pup back but i still keep thinking of the worse...

In good news though, i had a letter through the post today, and i was dreading it as there was a stamp on the front from the muscular dystrophy campaign.

I opened it up think the worst and that they wouldnt consider my application for a grant to get a mobility scooter because of the lack of evidence BUT they stated that theyve reviewed me as an emergency case and have granted me the top amount of £1000 to get the scooter that i had qouted for me as it was made specificly for me. All i need now is to get a further grant of £249 and the scooter have been paid in full so if anyone knows of a great charity that would be able to help me then please let me know...who knows, having this scooter could of prevented me from falling yesterday meaning our puppy wouldnt have gone missing

TTFN

XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment