Tuesday 1 July 2014

Families

Tonight im feeling a little overwhelmed if im honest.

Reason being because my sister and I have never really got on. This has addmittedly upset me that it had turned out this way but you cant choose the path of which ur life leads when your young. Your directed and shown the "right" path by ur elders so to speak.

Well, I think all that has recently changed.

Since ive become really poorly and disabled my family have been drawn together in a weird sort of way and we talk more often and see each other more often. I think this is mainly due to the times of being on breathing machines and them being scared that they could have lost me before they really got to know me.

Anyway, back to tonight. I had a suprise phone call from my sister. Initially I thought shit, whats happened? Is she ok? Is the baby ok? BUT instead, she was just inviting myself and my girlfriend around for tea on or around her birthday. She said it will more than likely be the last time ill see her pregnant and I can also see the babies room finally all decorated and complete.

I thought this was lush. Ive never been invited around to my sisters house for something to eat and she moved out 10 years ago.

This may seem silly to some, but for me its a huge thing. To me it feels like a level of acceptance as a human. I feel like im veing allowed into her life on her terms and into my future niece or nephews life.

I love it.

I was so shocked about the phone call, all I could say was, thats fantastic ill make sure nothing is booked and ill get back to you.

Of course, heres not doubt about it...we are going

TTFN

xxxx

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic. So happy for you. Having close family is one of the best things ever. Something positive for you to look forward to as well xx

    ReplyDelete