Thursday 3 July 2014

Uncertainty

Its been a few chilled days here in our house hold as weve had a a bit of a rough time health wise for me and weve had a lot of paperwork to fill in.

With regards to health, since Alton towers ive had an infection *suprise suprise*. Sky high temperatures, chest flaring, sats and peak flow down. So i went to the doctors last week to catch it early, steroids went straight up and i got put on strong course of doxy for antibiotice. I done a sputum sample to catch which bug it was and although i got told i just know its a type of pneumonia again. Today i woke up gasping to breathe and sats were back to 93%. I dropped my steroids on Monday as it had been 7 days and i didnt want them high again but with an emergency visit to the gp again today they put them back up for a further 7 days and given me amoxicillin and another course of doxy so fingers crossed i start feeling better again soon. Ill do another sputum sample as sokn as my airways are open enough to cough a reasonable amount up.

With regards to paperwork, since my partner had the carers service team out for her last week, weve filled in a form to apply for another grant to be able to have holidays or hobbies whilst im in the state i am. So fingers crossed we can get this.

Weve also had the paper work through from the council for a welfare assessment. It was 4 pages long and i also sent in an addition a4 piece of paper of extra evidence as they didnt provide enough space...talking of rubbish space, they asked for a list of my nedication but only gave one line...an i had to provide another piece of a4 paper filled from top to bottom with my drugs...think they will have learnt their lesson there!!

Well, tomorrow we are going to try and venture out to Liskeard to meet onet of our very good friends and their son. I wanted to get some more fluffy wool for a personal project im knitting and we decided to meet up with them too. Ive warned them i have an infection especially as her sokn is only 11 months so to be nice i will be wearing a mask so that heres no risk of me passing on my pneumonia!!

Aside from all that paperwork, i have yet another form to fill out for a grant through the charity called the muscular dystrophy campaign. I had a re referal done with regards to my self propelling wheelchair but sadly i dont tick all the boxes to get any form of electricalness for my current chair so theyve put me through to the charity. I just need an assessment and letter wrote on headed paper saying i would be a suitable candidate to be given a grant to and i can fill in the rest of the form. Really praying i can do this by the end of july as their next meeting is augst 8th.

Well, fingers crossed i can get out tomorrow and i get my assessment.

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed for you. Hope you manage to have a lovely day out xx

    ReplyDelete