Thursday 1 December 2011

My Life As Ive Known It So Far!

Before I Knew It,

Im guessing it all started around the summer of 1990, when my parents decided to make me. (I wonder if they ever wander what if?) On the 11th Feb 1991 I arrived early (according to my mum, I would just say she was bad at maths.)

Three months down the line, my mum started to notice my breathing was a little er not normal shall we say, so she took me to the doctors and they diagnosed me as Asthmatic. And then the troubles began of trying to get a three month old baby to take her meds. Sorry mum!

Remembering The Small Amounts From A Young Age,

Generally as a child I would say I was accident prone, from the cut on my finger for stupidly riding my skateboard down a hill with someone on it with me, falling off and cutting my right little finger on some glass. Riding my three wheeler down a lane and cracking my knee open (clearly once doing this wasn't good enough though and I had to do it again a few months later) resulting in a scar on my knee looking like the UK. The there was the riding my bike to close to my friends, not realising she used her brakes and resulting in me fliping over the handle bars and cracking my chin. Um the jumping off the play roof at a park on holiday and spraining my ankle, result got a piggy back, back to the main site! Fraturing my wrist by being pushed off a wall. Fracturing my foot on a trampoline (admittedly not my fault though, that was a twit jumping on whilst i was on and I caught my foot in the springs...ouchie!), erm I had a log swung around my head on a camp once resulting in a ditch I can feel on my head! Im sure as a child I did a lot more stupid stuff...but then my sister did worse, she got her head stuck between the hand rail on the landing!!! hahaha!!! Oh I nearly forgot the time I decided to cut my leg open in the back garden when mum told me to p*ss off as she was having an important conversation with my Daddy-kins, only lasted a few minutes and I came in screaming with blood pouring out of my leg. Always my dad nearly being sick in the sink, and my mum putting a lovely bandage on my leg, to which the paramedic cut off as soon as they got there as they needed to see the injury lol. Sadly though a few years later I was getting lots and lots of pain, and after stupid amounts of MRI scans they had found a tumor, benign thank god, but I still had to have an operation, and they couldnt remove it all.

At the Age of 17 not long after passing my driving test, I had a car coming at me resulting in me flippng my car and being pulled out by some fantastic passers by (I think this was the first time I properly scared my family) took me a year to get back behind the wheel again after that!

Aged 20, I stoooopidly missed a step, yeah you read right, ONE SINGLE STEP, resulting in me breaking my foot, what-a-twonk!

wow all the injuries, im proudly going to say, I am 100% worried about the rest of my life!!

The Asthma,

This is another story, all together, about 5 years ago it started to go down hill! More than likely through the bullying that I suffered (funny now becuase most of the nit wits chat to me on Facebook!) whilst at Senior school, made things very difficult especially during sport activities where I couldnt keep up doing the track events etc...still done my best and took sport as a GCSE and was determined to make sport my best ever subject at school and to this day!

Well after many years of increasing meds and no realy stabilisation and minor attacks, there was only a matter of time before my first big attack came at college, to which i managed to stablise without hospital treatment...ticking time bomb...two years later, I landed myself a 10 day stay in hospital after my first major major attack!!! since then, the whole of this year has consisted of me bouncing in and out of hospital. I think to date this year alone I have had 16 admissions, 5 to ITU, 1 needing the ventilator and Bipap...and I have to say this year has to be the worse for it and I have really hated the whole not being able to work, live on my own and not being able to breathe like a "normal" person!!!

Currently still have weekly appointments at the clinic so will keep you posted!

The Family,

The Grandfolks ... Sadly my one Grandad past in '95, the second Grandad past in '02, and my Nan passed on my 13th birthday. I still have one Nan alive and I love her to bits!!

The Folks ... Both utterly unique, and a big help in their own ways! They split, in my second year of college (prob the best thing to happen as the enviornment wasnt one of a couple in love anymore!)

The pops then moved on and has since remarried, and my step mum has got threee iggle piggles off her own!

The mum has also moved on and my step dad has got four kids of his own and 4 grand children...

and of course I have my loverly sister!!!

wow my family grew from 4 to 17 within a matter of months!!!

The Educational Department:

Well, everyone loves the infants and junior school. I made some of the mose amazing friends there, some onf which I am still in contact with now! The most memerable moments were when i forgot my P.E kit...remember having to do it in your pants and vests?!?! Bet you wouldnt get that now!!

Then there was the senior years, still making more and more amazing friends! Although going through the rough patches of bullying...but all I can say is it made me who I am today! Managed to scrape together all the GCSE's I needed to get into college!

Fresh start at a college where I knew absolutly noone!!! GREAT!!! absolutly loved it!!! managed to knuckle down, leave the crappy bits of my past behind me and I managed to pass with a Distinction! go me!!

Then I applied for Uni go into Surrey, But took a gap year as I managed to get a fantastic job at the local childrens hospital!!! best experience of my life! and have Since applied to go to Uni again to study Paramedic Science!! fingers crossed for me!!!

Well thats me in a nut shell!!! More to follow on a regular basis!!!

xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment