Tuesday 25 September 2012

The Brummy Weekender

Oh how bored I am!!

Been here 4 days now, watched 16 dvds and munch through have a sweet shop. Ok, so maybe the second bit is a slight fib but sounds good hey!!

Today has been a bit of an exhausting day for some reason, been either sleeping or watching dvds. I wanted to go on a hunt for the dolls houses that are aparently scattered around the hospital, but I failed on that. Who knows, maybe tomorrow!!

Ive had some crappy news from home though that the disabilty team have yet again decided I dont qualify as disabled as can walk 40yards to far...still. I have to admitted im a little upset by this as I feel I should qualify as I am so restricted on what I can do. Everything I am applying for recently I am being turned down for!!

In other notes, ive got the same nurse as last night, and tonight (as they didnt have an emergency the second they walked on shift) she came and sat next to me for a good ten minutes and a natter. She also said she would bring me in some magazines to read tomorrow night as shes on shift again. I have to say, the level of sheer kindness and care up here is outstanding and I am overwhelmed by it as my locals have been so erm CRAP!!

Wow Sunday was a tad exciting. Had a cracking headache that just wouldnt shift no matter what. I was also feeling very tired and sick. After sleeping all day and all night and only waking to have meds, by 6 am Monday morning, things had got far worse.

The vomiting began!!

The docs came and seen me but well lets just say we are not friends. I tried telling him this was my adrenal glands again, but he didnt want to listen and said he wanted to check my aminophylline levels. Not really sure why. Doc just told me that because I wasnt wheezing we are continuing with the steroid reduction. Great.

By 1500 a lovely nurse came and cannualted me as the docs where taking far to long. By 1600 I attempted to have morning meds as had IV antisickness. (Funnily enough just as all this happened, a doc rocked up all cheery saying they have come to cannulate d'oh).

All was great, managed to keep my meds down this time round...so I thought I would take on tea. What an ass!! Bye bye meds lol

Was feeling a little sorry for my nurse as shes the one I had on my first night for ny allergic reaction, and now with the voming. Plus she only qualified 4 months ago!! Think shell hate me by the end of my admission!!

Well thats it for the last few days, never a dull moment hey!!

TTFN

XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment