Friday 21 September 2012

The Next Few Days

Sadly because I had had so much IV medication it kinda put the whole reason for me being here in the bin. So I had a set of bloods done and my nitric oxide levels done...the rest of the day consisted of me just sitting around dvd watching.

Atleast my second night was a little more dignified, as in no more allergic reactions, and because I was so exhausted from having no sleep for hours, I nodded off within minutes and the nurses were even kind enough to pull my curtains around me to block out as much light as possible to try not to disturb me. I also only woke twice for extra nebs so all in all a good night.

Day three has been pretty much as day two, but this time, brekkie nurse decided the floor would love a taste in my cereal and accidently dropped it everywhere and I had two sets of bloods and no breathing test. Doctors had said that they wanted me to have one more day to properly recover and tomorrow they will reduce my steroids by 2.5mg and stay at the new dose for a good few days. So far we have been set back roughly 3/4 days which is a slight pain as now I probably wont be able to see Jessie J at her book signing but I guess my lungs are a little more important lol.

I managed to escape for a walk also but as it has been raining ALL day, didnt get very far. My nurse was also a gem and went to the CF unit to get the internet code. Sadly though for some reason the password wont work which is a little gutting.

For now this has been my brummy journey!! Check in with you all in a few more days!!

TTFN

XXXX

Ps this is the view from my bed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment