Friday 19 September 2014

Stolen From A friend For Invisable Illness Week

Admittedly this has been stolen but of course with my answers. It truly shows that to be poorly, disabled or struggling it doesnt have to be usually seen... 1. The illness I live with is: Asthma - to define it a little more, Brittle asthma. This is very similar to asthma but its more severe. I have regular attacks, rediculous amount of medications and frequent trips to hoapital. 2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: 1991. I was 3 months old 3. But I had symptoms since: a few days old that then gradually got worse and worse 4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is: realising that I cant do the things I use to and I shouldnt be embarrassed if I need to take my meds in public. 5. Most people assume: "That it's just Asthma" - I cant breathe and I have a few puffs of the blue and im sorted. They dont see the devestation of watching your friends die or needing people to actually look after u because your lung function is below half of what it should be. 6. The hardest part about mornings are: waking up and it taking 2 hours to get ready. Know not just getting washed and dressed. But also eating, taking tablets and doing and hours worth of.nebulisers before I can move. 7. My favorite medical TV show is: Casualty and Holby city 8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is: I want to be greedy.as I have three...my camera, photography is my passion...my mobile, it literally never leaves my side.and my kindle, not being able to.read, play games and.browse thee net whilst doing my meds is a nightmare. 9. The hardest part about nights are: not actually sleeping. Being led there with ur girlfriend to ur right and ur puppy to ur left taking it in turns to snore and u literally just cant sleep. 10. Each day I take : far to much to write here but.4 different types.of nebulisers, a draw full of tablets and a bit more 11. Regarding alternative treatments I: personally I would never stop my current treatments to try thwm. There is no guaranty that they would work and im.not about to risk my life over it. 12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: visible, no questioning that. Id get more respect for a dibilitating illness. 13. Regarding working and career: I use to.work.in.bristol childrens hospital and my dream was to become a.paramedic...asthma.stole.that from.me. 14. People would be surprised to know: that not every pwrson with the same illness ends up in the same situation of poorly co trolled health. Not everyone takes the exact.same.meds.and not everyone.has to be exactly how the medical textbooks say its meant to be. 15. The hardest thing to accept about my illness is: im not the.person I use to be. I cant do what I use to. I cant eat what I use to. Adaptions have to.be made 16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: find someone to love who loves me for who I am and who doesnt allow my health needs to get in the way between us. 17. The commercials/adverts about my illness: sadly there arnt any. Adverts cost to.much mo.ey for awarness.to be raised. Its all down to AUK and sufferers. 18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: being active. I was the sportiest person I know and I cant even walk up a.flight of.stairs anymore. 19. It was really hard to have to give up; Dairy , if I.eat any form.I get super poorly...though sometimes I just cant resiat it. 20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: knitting 21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would:go on holiday abroad. Be able to pass a.fit to fly test and go on the holiday to florida that I had to miss this year with my.best friend 22. My illness has taught me: To stay positive. Never let a day pass with out telling the ones u love that u love them. Treat every day as if it was ur last and enjoy yourself. 23. Want to know a secret? My other half has no link to my blog at all, she never reads anything on.here as this is a.space for.me to.rant about life without it having to upset her. 24. But I love it when people: share things with voth myself and my.other half. We are a.team and stick together. 25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is: live life, love laughter. Keep smilling. Never regret. 26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them:this isnt a.life sentence, u control ir asthma, not ur asthma control u. 27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: the lack of empathy from people who know nothing.about ur daily living with this disease. 28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: send my girlfriend up to me.as a.suprise visit when I was on.a.breathing machine 200 miles.away from her. 29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Awarness week because: people need to be made aware. An understanding needs to.be given and taught. 30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel: like im.teaching people. Giving an insight into my life. Proving there is life after a diagnosis and that there are many people out there.suffering with a disease that cannot be seen TTFN XXXX

4 comments:

  1. You've a habit of making me feel special in your blog posts recently! Glad you did this too! See I learnt you've a holby and casualty person too!! Don't miss an episode me! Hugs !xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Special people need to be shouted about!! I thought it was a great post todo, though my mobile decided to block it all in one lol. Yup love casualty and holby and got the other half addicted too. Was in casualty when i was in yesr 6!! Xx

      Delete
  2. Your sweet! Ah nice that's good everyone should love them. Casualty came first for me too! Ah it the content not the layout that matters. Yes it's a powerful post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casualty is my all time fav and ive got the other half hooked now hehe. Indeed very powerful, it highlights stuff in a powerful short way!! Xx

      Delete