Wednesday 3 September 2014

Whens It Going To End?!

My title is perfect for this present moment in time.

Today, I finally managed to get an emergency appointment at my dentist for the lump in my mouth. I was not impressed though. My appointment was at 1210. I got there at 12 as I hate being late for things. Next thing I know its 1245 and I can hear them nattering about their upcoming weekend so I went to the desk and said not being funny but its pushing on and ive another appointment at 1pm. So the dentist goes back to her room fiddles about and then comes and gets me. I sit in the chair and she said right today we are doing a filling...i stared at her and said i think your not. Im coming as an emergency to get my lump looked out. Finally we get down to business and it turns out i was right. Its something called a Ranula. Unfortunatly though I have to be refered to a surgeon to have surgery to not only remove the lump but also the offending syliva duct and glad as for some unknown reason its become damaged. She also said i need biopses because of how angry it looks...stupid thing is though she said ill here back from the surgeon within 8 weeks. Im not happy especially if it turns out to be Cancer. Im not looking forward to it because what could be a day case procedure cant happen for me. I stop breathing with aneasthetics and need ITU input. Great.

In other news. My in laws went and viewed thier potential new house and when they come back they were happy about how it looked. We now have a man coming on friday to sort this house out and if they like their new place they sign the contract on Friday too. They then get the keys and can move in on Monday. We all also have to be out of this house within 4 weeks. Great.

Im also having a crap day as this time last year i had my second respiratory arrest and im getting really bad flash backs.

Thats all for now

TTFN

XXXX

9 comments:

  1. Oh no hin. That's to long to wait for the surgeon. Can you ring and see if he can see you earlier?
    What happened with your respiratory arrest last year? Do you remember much about it? Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment, i dont know who to or where im going to be refered yet to be able to ring. As soon as i get a letter though ill be pushing it.

      With regards to the respiratory arrest i cant remember much as it happened directly as i was being braught round from the surgery. The only thing i remember is hearing the 1:1 nurse saying shes arching her body and her bloody pressure is going through the roof (something like 230/170) and then everything went black. Xx

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh how scary! All my arrests have been due to asthma attacks. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aparently mine was due to an asthma attack too and as i was crashing my heart just went under a lot of strain. Im also allergic to the anaeasthetic which doesnt help xx

      Delete
  3. I've not had any problems with anaesthetic luckily! Did you have a full arrest then? Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully not no. If I remember rightly, they told me they took over my lungs and supported my breathing and treated my asthma which in turn reduced the pressure on my heart just in time. They said the other thing that probably contributed to the elevate BP was me being in so much pain. I cant have locals so unlike normwall people with this procedure who had local all over their abdomen, I had nothing xx

      Delete
  4. I've now fully arrested twice. Last one took over 15 mins to get things going again. Why could they not give you a local?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im severly allergic to anything with "caine" products in and locals of course contain lidnocaine so its a no go for me. I cant imagine having a full arrest my resp arrest was horrible enough xx

      Delete
  5. Oh I see, not good then! I'm lucky to not be allergic to any medicine. A full arrest is awful. I don't remember much apart from feeling like I was going to pass out and hearing the paramedic say I was crashing. After I came round I was very sore and bruised from the chest compressions and I had 3 cracked ribs that were extremely painful xx

    ReplyDelete