Monday 21 April 2014

Easter

Firstly I would just like to wish everyone a happy Easter and I hope you have all had a great weekend. For me, Easter has been very busy and very tiring. On Friday afternoon I had my old work friend come down from Bristol to visit us. Initially we didnt do much, just cooked some tea, have a massive catch up and then went for a walk. We had found another footpath that led us to the section of the camel trail that is at the bottom of our road. It was lush to see yet another different walk right by our home. On Saturday, we were aiming to wake up at 0730 as thats what time Dixie normally wakes up. But no, not today. Today she decides she wanted a lie in so of cour without our alarm we all had a lie in. Thankfully though it wasnt that drastic. All we had to do was my medication, make a picnic and feed our pets and jump in the car as we spent the day at "The Lost Gardens Of Heligan". Myself and my other half went there a few weeks back when we were camping but my friend has never been and as it is a stunning place we were happy to go again. We had been rather lucky as the weather was fantastic, sun all day with a slight breeze to stop us from over heating. I was rather proud of myself as I had managed to walk some of the nature trail but sadly it killed my legs for the rest of the day meaning I then had to be in my wheel chair. Me and the girlfriend were hopeing to be able to buy another gorgeous flower but they had none we liked so instead we got and eco friendly bird feeder and three packs of seeds so were going to attempt to grow our own flowers. Should be interesting.after a lush day out, we got home and had a scrummy coffee and some tea and then decided to go back out again. I drove us to another part of the camel trail just outside of Bodmin and we took the dogs to the river down there. My lovely lady showed me this super old steam railway line, admittedly, I fell in love. I love any old fashioned steam transport, it abdolutly fascinates me. Sunday we were a little disappointed. We had planned to go to the beach with the puppys but the weather had other plans. It had poured down all day. That didnt stop us from going on an hour long walk with the puppies and my friend though. When we got back we were both freezing and drenched. All part of having a dog though. Amazingly we had arrived just in time for our easter sunday roast to which of course we had lamb. After another massive natter and a coffe though it was time for my friend to travel back to Bristol. It has been a massively tiring weekend for me and im more than exhausted, but the fact that ive had a friend visit ne who ive not seen in a few months was great. Last night however I couldnt sleep very well at all. My PTSD was really really bad. My flash backs had hit its altime highest and it was terrifying me. The thought of having another asthma attack really is scaring the shit out of me. Im terrified about dying and im terrified itll be my asthma that kills me. I really hope my councelling can start soon as im really not coping very well with this at all. Im little scared beyond belief. Hope youve all had a good time though. TTFN XXXX

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fab weekend. Mine was mixed, managed some fun family time but as usual my health got the better of me. Still fighting a lung infection which is also in my blood stream and made me feel so unwell I passed out and banged my head, so now have concussion to add to my list! Not doing great really! Sorry to hear your PTSD has got so bad, I have similar fears about my asthma, I hope you get the help you need soon. At the moment I'm doing the whole denial thing! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness that doesnt sound to good at all, though im glad u managed to enjoy a little of the weekend. I hope I get the help soon also, I think the main reason its flaring up so bad is coz I think im flaring up again, I ran out of one of my drugs fri night so ive had hell from that. Hope u get better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I had hoped to have a weekend free of too many health issues. The only positive thing is that despite the infection being serious, my breathing hasn't been too bad. Probably cos I'm still on masses of steroids! Oh running out of meds not good. Hope you get a refil tomorrow. Hope you manage to avoid a big flare. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it looks like ur staying on the higher dose steroids for a little while longer then. Glad u dont feel to bad though. Currently still waiting for my drugs again darn pharmacy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I really don't want to be on the steroids but seems to be helping, so guess it's necessary. Am in a lot of pain around my back and chest today. Feel so tired. Hope the pharmacy get a move on with your drugs. Not good to keep you waiting x

    ReplyDelete