Thursday 10 April 2014

Coffee, Friends And A Stroll

Late last night we had a great friend of ours text us to see if we would like to go for a catch up and a walk either today or tomorrow. As we r bust tomorrow, we decided that today would probably be best for us. She left it in our hands for time and place so I chose Cardinham Woods at 11am The timing was a little optimistic. I had such a rush night sleep, fell back to sleep at 7am and then woke up at 9. By the time I had done my meds, had breakfast, feed all the animals and do a picnic, admitidly we were a little late. Thankfully our friend was late also as her 8 month old son decided he needed a nap. Phew. When we all eventually got to the woods we had a sneaky "naughty hot chocolate" which is chocolate toped with mini marshmallows and cream-yum. I when went for our stroll (to burn off our drinks of course ha). I was so pleased as we all agreed to do the flat gental route so that could try on just my crutches instead of my wheelchair. The walk was 3k so it took us roughly 3 hours to get around because I needed to keep stopping, having a seat and catching my breath. Still, I am pleased with my achievements. Once we had our stroll, we then had our picnics and even more nattering. Got to love meeting up with friends. Certainly keeps your brain going, and the great thing is, its one of my other halfs friends originally so not someone I know through auk or one of my illnesses. Despite this, she is fantastic and really looks after me and makes sure im ok when we are together. When we got home. I had about an hours rested with being topped back up with morphine and I attempted to make tea. Sadly I had to give up around 1/4 of the way through as I just couldnt cope any more. Thankfully my other half was happy as usual to carry it on, which im glad as it was an experimental tea of fizzy orange chicken from "the girl called jack" book...and I have to say it was bloody lush. This was then finished of with a nice small portion of rice pudding as a suprise. As soon as the dishes were scrubbed, we went off on another stroll around the feild with dixie to keep up her routine. Now that im now I. Bed again I am bloody shattered, but to bring the final greatness to the end of the day, we found one of Dixies puppy teeth on the floor. Its the first one that we have seen, although we know shes lost more, just not sure when or where. Great times. Hopfully ill sleep well tonight, but we will see. TTFN XXXX

6 comments:

  1. Wow sounds like a fun day. Not surprised you're tired! Hope you slept well. I've been in hospital so not been able to comment on your blog so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly ive not been sleeping to well at all. Lungs r starting to go the wrong way. Hope ur doing better than u were!? When u looking at getting home!? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that doesn't sound good. I've been home a couple of days. Was a rough admission. Spent a couple of nights in ITU, including a night intubated. Just glad to be out. Still feeling rough and very weak. Hope you manage to get better sleep xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh crap. Being intubated doesnt sound good, u must of been mega poorly.glad your home now though. Make sure u get plenty of rest to recover nicely xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah it was bsd. I got to the point I was too tired to keep going. Dr said I was close to arresting so had no choice but to put me on a ventilator. I'm on antibiotics for a lung infection. Am resting as much as possible xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw know that sounds terrible, try and stay poitive though in the fact u agreed to go on the ventilator which meant u didnt arrest. Lets hope the antibiotics kick in pronto. Xx

    ReplyDelete