Thursday 17 April 2014

Wowzers

Ok so for me, rather a lot has happened yesterday and today which brings me to my excuses for not blogging last night. Yesterday, we had planned to go to the beach because Dixie loved it so much. We were really thinking that it would be mega crowded because its half term and the weather was lush...but we were mistaken. There must of been 20 people maximum there. Dixie was absolutly amazing and as we took our shoes and socks off at the car and had shorts on, we were able to go in the sea and she merrily joined us. My other half got scared after a while though as she started to see crabs (even though they were dead) so she climbed out of the sea and strolled along beside me. We had to have a quick dash up to top half of the beach because Dixie started being sick. We gathered this was because she drank A LOT if sea water and for a little belly like Dixies thats bound to make you vom. After we wrapped her in a town and gave her some clean bottled water she was just as she was before. Perfect. Later in the evening, we decided to take Dixie on her night time walk. We decided to take a new route that our next door neighbour told us about the day before. We were super excited as there were feilds, woods and streams, all of which is Dixies heaven. We started our walk at 1844. 2 hours later, after climbing over trees, under tress, through vines, and along wrong paths that led us to someones back garden, we finally made it home. I instantly collapsed in bed in tears, I was in agony. The pain it had caused in my joints and muscles was undescribable. I had to have my maximum amount of prescribed morphine and try and get some sleep. ( so thats my excuse for not blogging last night.) Today on the other hand, my plan was to rest and recover from yesterday, untill I went down to feed the three rabbits. Gizmo and Mr Spice are dandy. Norbert on the other hand had a 3minute sneezing episode. Im not sure how many of your are rabbit aware...but rabits arnt meant to sneeze unless there is something hugely wrong with them. With rabbits, they hide their illness as best as they can for as long as they can because if they were in the wild they cant show weakness. I quickly gave them their food and rang the vets we are with and they made us an emergency appointment. After seeing the vet, it turns out that Norbert has got an upper respiratory infection so need antibiotice twice a day for 10 days and has had to be put in isolation from the other two rabbits. The vet said we were great and prompt for getting us him as if we hadnt of noticed the signs of him being poorly it would have travelled to his lungs very quickly and potentially have killed him. As my other half says "hes just like his mummy, and its a good job we know how to sort colds and illness out when it comes to our lungs" lol. When we eventually got home, we had fpund out that Dixie hadnt eaten any food all day. All we could think of is, please not another trip to the vets. We tried her again at 1730 and she ate a snall amout. So we had bathed her and snuggled her...and then she started to crunch on something. Being absolutly baffled as wed given her nothing, I quickly put my hand in her mouth...and there it was...another tooth. We have managed to find two of her teeth now and have kept them in a little pot. No wonder the poor pup hadnt been eating all day though. (Oh heres her tooth)
Well thats me for now. I may not be here over the weekend as I might be having a friend of mine coming to visit from Bristol so ill be more than exhauted. Hope you all have a great easter...dont eat too much. TTFN XXXX

3 comments:

  1. Ah glad all is ok. Poor rabbit, hope he's better soon. How's your muscles today?
    I'm still fighting this lung infection, have needed a fair few nebs today but seem to be keeping on top of it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the rabbit gets well soon also, we only adopted him in November. Vets said that he is in perfect health and condition otherwise so atleast were doing one thing right. My muscles today are in agony, every step I have soaring pain. Thankfully I can have more morphine again in 40 mins. Thats rubbish ur infection is still playing u up. Hope it shifts soon and u can enjoy easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're still in so much pain. Hope it eases up tomorrow. Yeah I'm still coughing up all kinds! My chest's very sore too. Hopefully sleep will help us both feel better xx

    ReplyDelete