Tuesday 28 August 2012

Mums!!

Recently I have come to realise the importance of my mum!!

Throughout my teenage years I never really connected with my family and I would spend all my time with my friends. I hated being at home, there was always arguments, always shouting and never any loving so to speak.

During my college years my parents split. Where as most kids sre completly devestated with their world being torn apart, I had a sense of relief run throughout my body, no more arguing, YES!!

When I was 17 I decided to move out altogether and live with a "friend" and a few month later mum then moved to a new town.

I saw her about 2/3 times a year if that because of problems I was having with the person I was living with.

When I started to become really poorly with my asthma, my mum would be with me the minute my ass hit the hospital bed and she stayed with me for hours, sometime throughout the night, especially when I have been in ITU.

Roughly a year ago my old consultant told me it was no longer safe for me to live on my own and that I was to move back in with mum. Devestated wasnt the word gor it as I had been living away from my family for 3/4 years or so but I knew it was in my best interest.

Mum still remains by my side when in hospital, every morning she will ring the ward to see how I have been and everyday she would visit.

Since moving back in with mum we have done so much together like going for walks with or without the dogs. Going shopping, having random coffee mornings and I have to say I really love it. I now feel that we have a relationship together like a Mother and daughter should!!

And this is where I have seen the importance of my mum!!

TTFN

XXXX



No comments:

Post a Comment