Friday 31 August 2012

Lungs...Who Would Have Them!?

So it would seem that 5 brilliant weeks of breathing and semi getting my life back, my lungs on Wednesday decided I had clearly been leading my life to well, and sent me back to hospital.

I just missed ITU again. Aprently (i was told yesterday, that if there wasnt a bed on the respiratory HDU, I was heading to the doom and gloom)

When I arrived my sats on my ABG were sitting nicely at 70%. Great!!

After being drugged right up I wasnon the move to the ward.

I was having a reasonably good say yesterday so thought to ask the docs today if I could try off o2 and they agreed as long as I could maintain my sats. Sounds easy right!?

Few hours later, low and behold the lungs decided other things AGAIN.

This time though it has been bloody hell trying to get a doc, having these killing seasons is a bloody nightmare, it makes things so much harder in emergency situations.

Well by evening I had managed to see a doc, who flapped a little and demanded I put the oxygen back on my face and did more ABG's and drugged me a bit more...oh and re informed ITU things were steadily going down hill again.

I had yet another xray...I swear im going to be glowing soon.

And im now back in puffing away!! The joys!!

Have to be honest tho since ive been here this time around, Ive had the same lush nurse every night which for care is great. I really doc think that these nurses that doo give a hoot should be praised a hell of a lot more often!!

Anywhoo thats me for now!!

TTFN

XXXX



No comments:

Post a Comment