Wednesday 15 August 2012

The Story Of The Wart, Part Three

I went back to the nurse yesterday to which she said "ah thats a bit of a big blister" (that was post the erm, what can I do for you!? With my response being -u booked me in last week for a follow up).

Back to the wart...

The nurse decided to tell me that I was to go home and pop the blister to which the skin would fall off taking most of the wart with it. So I questioned about the fact I was on steroids and had been for ages and she said that wouldnt effect anything.

My thoughts-never pop a blister!!

Sadly, my blister had other ideas and today decided to pop itself. With it being natural though I was happy.

A few hours later, yes the skin did fall, taking most of the wart with it (thank god as it was LARGE!!)

Unfortunatly though, with the wart being disturbed, what was left off it had decided to start bleeding. Four hours later, it is still bleeding, so ive now pressure dressed it and have my poorly toe high in the sky!!

Morale of the story - despite a lady at the GP surgery being a nurse, trust your instinct when you know disturbed warts dont like long term steroid use.

Heres hoping it doesnt make my anemia any worse!!

TTFN

XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment