Wednesday 21 May 2014

Questionable

As hospital appointments go, this has to be the most mind boggling, confusing and destressing to me mind.

Some might say "but it was just a respiratory appointment" but to me, it leads to more things i have to deal with.

In short, my ENO was double what it normally is, im not sure of the number, thats just what my consultant told me.

He has also put me back on aminophilline tablets. He said my peak flow diary that i done for 2 months showed so much change daily and pre and post neb that he hopes that this could atleast make some changes even if minor.

He has also said that hes thinking of giving me regular infusions for my immune system. Aparently all my bloods are critically low and this could be the cause for all my viral and bacterial infection which is the main cause for my flare ups.

My next few questions for him with regards to this if it turns out that i need infusions is A whether i can have a port a cath and b is it possible for me to b able to be trained to do the infusions at home so i dont have to travel an hour each time just to get to hospital and then and hour home.

He is also requesting that i have another Dexa scan as its been just over 2 years.

Lastly he is organising a overnight sleep study test as he thinks i may have either sleeep apnea or because i produce so much gunk in my lungs, it is clogging my airways causing my lungs to not work properly which in turn is causing my rubbish nights sleep, exhaustion and constant headaches.

one bonus to the appointment is that he has agreed with me that if i was to start immunotheraphy treatment, and it improves my general health and lack of infection, we can try and start sorting out both my steroid tablets and steroid nebs to either a lower dose or maybe/ possibly, coming off them all together. This is a HUGE maybe though as ive been on them continuosly for over 4 years now.

It has been very stressful, so much so as soon as i got home i went to bed and fell asleep for 2 hours. Suprising how exhausting one hospital appointment is. Mentally though im still trying to take it all in. I keep think what ifs...for example, what if my last 5 consultants acutally paid attention to my bloods instead of fobbing them off... why didnt they investigate further when they kept telling me hmm u dont have an immune system do you. Would my life be like this now!?

I guess we will never know

Im off now though as i have yet another hospital appointment tomorrow.

TTFN

XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment