Monday 26 May 2014

Nightmare

Where have I been? That is a good question. So far this weekend I have been in bed and in hospital, but suprisingly not for my lungs.

On Friday morning I knealt down to tidy up Dixies toys and the shreaded cardboard. As my knee hit the floor I was in agony...in tears. Something happened to my knee.

I ignored it for 3 days thinking it was following having the dye in my hip on Thursday as the Consultant said it can cause pain in my leg.

Come Sunday I was in even more pain. I couldnt bend my knee without being in complete agony. My knee was giving way, is swollen and my knee cap was moving around more than it should do.

Last night I couldnt take it any longer. I cant do what I originally planned which was wait till Tuesday to go to my GP.

And a good job aswell

I went to hospital and I had an examination and an x-ray and then a senior Consultant came to see me. I knew then that things werent good

It turns out I have torn the ligaments thats around my knee. They also think I have damaged the part of my knee called the maniscus but they cant pull my leg around enough to assess it so I have to go back to hospital in 8 days as they think the swelling should have reduced and the pain would have settled abit. I then find out whether i have to have my leg immobilised or not.

For now though I have been told i cant weight bare on my leg, and i have to rest with good pain releif...so thats why I have been stuck in my bed all weekend.

Great hey

TTFN

XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment