Friday 23 May 2014

Anything Else Want To Come My Way?!

Sorry for not posting yesterday but I was so overwhelmed with information I just couldnt bring myself to sharing it.

I was at Musgrove park hospital in Taunton for a MRI on my hip.

I had to be there for 0920 in the morning as first up i had to have a massive needle poked into my hip joint again to have dye pumped straight into it. This was done under xray guidance. Initially all was going ok, then suddenly I felt very sick, went mega dizzy and from what i can gather, the colour drained from me and i went spaced out. Next thing i know both the nurse at my head and the consultant injecting me was asking if i was ok.

The whole team on this first stage was fantastic.

Following this i then went round to the MRI scanner. I got told that i would only be about 10 minutes...2 and a half hours later im finally back with my other half who had been going frantic and worrying mega because i had been so long.

off we toddled to the cafe though where i had a coffee to wake me up again for the journey back home. Fingers crossed itll only be a few weeks and ill have the result and find out what treatment i need.

Once home i had to ring my GP to update them on the new drugs ive started and i also wanted to check both my sputum and blood tests that i had done on Monday.

I was so pissed. The receptionst told me that yes the result were in but i had to physically come in to see the doc to discuss the result...and the next nearest appointment was 3 weeks away. I obviously refused this and said ill sort something, but in the meantime could the doctor ring me so i can tell them about my new medications...cheeky me then mentioned the blood results to the doctor when they rang me back and bloody hell im friggin glad i did. It was with regards to my phosphate again...and it remain critically low. Ulyour levels are meant to be 2.4 and above...mine was 0.6 so its no wonder im struggling so much so ive now been started on phosphate supplements and need regualr blood tests

As youve probable guessed following all this had 100% exhausted me so i went off to sleep...only to be woken up at midnight having a massive allergic reaction...gradually throughout the day i had been getting itchier and itchier and then by midnight i also had a full body rash. I could put my finger on what was causing it annd initially i thought it might have been the uniphylin...with taking this mornings dose and having no reaction it then clicked, it started straight after i had the dye put in my hip...and had been getting worse throughout the evening making me feel shit, so i guess thats another drug i can no longer have. Perfect.

I woke up this morning in agony though. I know the consultant warned me that with certain people, depending on what hip injury they have they can have bad pains through out the whole leg for the next few days..mand boy was he right. I could barly walk to day and i cant bend my knee without crying out in pain. I just hope it doesnt hang around.

Today i have officially made 35 baby hats so my first NICU box is complete. Im going to do another fair few amounts of hats though before i send them off as i want to get a great picture to send into asthma uk to show them the progress...please look through my previous blogs to find my just giving page...we really need more donation!!

TTFN

XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment