Tuesday 6 May 2014

Another Appointment And Another Bit Of News

Firstly I forgot to say yesterday that I had the doctor ring me to update me about what they have found about my constant low Phosphate and that being: they need to do one more blood test to rule something out but ultimatly Im going to need supplements because my low phosphate is causing ny diaphram to not contract properly which in tern is reducing the amount of oxygen ive got pumping through my body...grand something else I have to battle with.

I also had another appointment in Derriford hospital in Plymouth today. It was with the immunology and allergy clinic. Initially I though this is going to be such a waste of time, they cant tell me anymore than what I know and as a result they cant actually do any more BUT that taught me.

The doctor was lovely, she talked through everything and explained why she had been asked ny lung doctor to review me. Aparently on the bloods they have taken it has shown that I have very little to if no immune system at all...lower than what it should be for a person on steroids so they have figured it is the huge reason for why I am contantly getting infections and constantly feeling poorly.

To see if they can find a treatment, I got given an injection on the spot and I have to have more bloods taken in 6 weeks time. It takes 1 month for the bloods to process ajd then ill get the results. If the bloods r still low following todays injection, I will either have to start more tablets or have an infusion or injections regularly all depending on my results.

She also stated me on a steroid nasal spray and changed me back to my old antihistamines but doubled the dose compared to what I was on.

Sadly though she did tell me that I shouldnt now or if at all every carry children. Not only could it kill me because my body wouldnt cope but half my meds would either harm my baby or cause further complications. Im gutted, there goes our plans for me to carry our first child. I mean its ok coz my partner can carry, but lets face it, its never going to be the same and ill technically never have a child of my own with my DNA etc. Theres always a bomb shell!!

TTFN

XXXX

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to read that things are not going to be as you hoped. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. Take it easy. Thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just another think to knock me down and challengevthe dictorsvwith. Fibgers crossed though that treatment helps xx

    ReplyDelete