Friday 28 March 2014

Back To Reality!!

As your aware, it was mine and my other half first holiday not being in a hotel but in a tent and well I have to say, although it was blinking freezing, I really enjoyed it. Just being us with our dog in our own little world was fantastic. Ok, so what we done... TUESDAY: not the most adventurous of outings, we set up camp. The end. Only joking, that was just the start of things. Once our new home had been set up we decided to take Dixie to the beach. Blinking heck didnt she enjoy it. In and out of the sea, digging in the sand, trying to eat the sand that we were kicking out in front of us and she just generally really loved the experience. I did get photos but ive not uploaded them to the pc yet so youll have to wait to see our pooch on the beach. WEDNESDAY: as the weather was meant to be better for this day, we made a pack lunch and went to "The Lost Gardens Of Heligan". Although ive been here before with my mum last May, I struggled as I only had my crutches were as this time I had my wheelchair. Anywho, we went around as much as we could before I got mega exhausted. The flowers, scene, views and general prettiness was breath taking. I generally forgot how fantastic it was here. On our way back, we went via the shop and got ourselves a beautiful flower and a little hand crafted mouse sculpture made of wood (to which I named Murtle, I have no idea why though). We also got stopped by near on everyone in the shop because they could stop being amazed by our amazing little puppy. Admittedly she is lush. On wednesday night, I decided to go via tescos to pick up marshmallows, chocolate digestive biscuits and kebab stick...so I could treat my other half to a smore. Shes never had one before and lets just say, she loved them so much, we ate two...and then two more the next night. A picture will follow for this soon also. THURSDAY: ok, so on this day, the weather was not what we wanted. Rain. But we still went out on an adventure, though on our way there we had to do an emergency trousers and pants purchased as our pooch got a little overwhelmed and peed on my other halfs lap. Oops. Once all the change over had finished, we carried on our way to a place called "Wheal-Martyn" to which basically is a china and clay museum which also had a nature trail and a huge amount of history and mechanics for clay production in the 1800. Ok so if your not a history geek like me you wouldnt enjoy the history side as much, but thankfully its something we really enjoyed. FRIDAY: home time *sad times*. As always, we were up at 0730 as Dixie was hungry and needed toileting. We naturally got into the swing if things and started packing up after we had had breakfast. I think we were done withing about two hours. All was good, Dixie was in the car ready, and my other half was in the loo. I then took it upon myself to put the last few items in the backs seats, to wgich consisted of pine cones and a pair of orange wellies...and the disaster struck. Somehow, as I was shutting the door, I managed to shut it on my little finger whilst it was sitting on the locking mechanism. And off goes a slice of the top of my finger. I got to the toilet block as quick as I could to get the myd and oil off my hand so it didnt get into the now pumping with blood hole ive got. I shouted to my girlfriend to say I was there also, and when she came out, and I told her I had had an accident. The bleeding wouldnt stop and the whole cut was far to big for me to leave it so we had to divert via Bodmin minors on the way home. At the hospital I had to have an xray because it was a crush injury (thankfully nothing was broken or lodged inside), I then had to have it cleaned up, stitched and bandaged.
Ok so the picture doesnt actually show off the true extent to what happened, but believe me, it bloody hurt!! Only I could go on holiday and end up in hospital!! Well, heres a happy camping picture from day one...
So, ill try and get some more photos for you all to see tomorrow, but for now im off to make a rainbow sock rabbit!! TTFN XXXX

11 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great time. But massive ouch for your poor finger!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was a great time, cant wait for the next adventure in may!! But yes massive ouch for my finger, I took the bandage off early as I had a shower and the two ends still isnt fussing back together xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh reckon you should go get it checked tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im not to sure if im honest. I could just be taking a while to heal because of the steroids. I guess if its going to die and fall off it will just happen. Im ok with that aslong as it doesnt hurt!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! Well let's hope it's just taking time to heal!! I've just broke a tooth!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I hope thats the case too. How an earth did you do that!? Nice trip to the dentist tomorrow then xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. No idea! Its one that broke years ago and was filled. Today it felt a bit sharp. Now bits are coming off it!! I'm working tomorrow, so may have to wait! ! Although my lungs are playing up, pf's down to 190, so that may keep me home!! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness, not good alround. And a trip to the dentist with rubbish lungs wouldnt be good with all the chemicals they use!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, that's true!! My tooth doesn't hurt, just uncomfortable and a bit annoying! I'm at work, but struggling with breathing. My pf is only 230, so better than last night, but not much more than 50% of my personal best!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eek, really hope you dont have to bad a stressful and running around day. Though pretty anazed you managed to make it in xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep! I get told often that I shouldn't be in! But I'm stubborn. I'll probably pay for it later!

    ReplyDelete