Sunday 16 March 2014

Relaxing...I wish

One of these days I will learn to take it easy, I just have to!! I decided that I needed to finish off what I started yesterday with all my kit from storage and blinking heck it has killed me!! But in good news, ive finished it all so I am mega pleased, I just have to do a tip run tomoorow to get rid of all the paper, boxes and crap that we just dont have room to keep anymore. I have to admit it has been tough though. I didnt realise how hard it would be. One because of its a chapter of my life im never going to experience again, I had the most amazing flat ever and it was all mine, a place I could retreat to after id finished work on the ward and chill with my pets. Secondly, I didnt realise how much stuff I still had from my past relationship and it was hard looking back on it all, it braught back some nasty memories. But, its all done now and have my future to look forward to!! In other news, my other halfs sister and her girlfriend have got and purchased me a new photo editing suite in their words "to practice for their wedding photos". Im so chuffed, its a bloody good piece of software, though that still doesnt help sort the fact im still craping myself about doing their pictures for them. On the shit side of things, my lungs are going downhill. Ive nebbed a lot more and upped my steriods in the hope its going to sort me. My peak flow has dropped ans my sats are 92%. Im really hoping what ive done will help sort it as I really dont want to let my friends down for this saturday!! (Oh, and for camping next week) We will have to wait and see!! TTFN XXXX

8 comments:

  1. Sorry, I deleted your comment by accident, thank goodness for emails hey. I was amazed with how much kit I had, I had school books from junior school, though secretly I still kept the idd few as they r funny to look back at lol. I only have a SATS monitor since christmas time from when I landed in ITU again and my GP told me I now needed one because since ive moved to Cornwall, I now live 45 minutes away minimum from a hospital. Day time attacks are fine as ill get the helicopter, but night times are a little tough. At first I was paranoid about always checking my oxygen levels, but now it stays in my back pack so its on me when out and about and I only get it out at home like moments today. If you do get one, try and keep it in a safe place. Also dont go for the cheapest as they wont work properly so are pointless. Ditto for feeling better, would be great xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol!! Easily done! Have you been in ITU much? I find it terrifying. Luckily my local hospital is only a few minutes away, but have still had a few close calls!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yh, ive been to ITU ten times now, all varying with monitoring, NIV and ventilation. I absolutly hate it, especially if its in a new hospital where none of the staff no u. That is good that ur local is close, it makes it worse when the hospitals r that much further away xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been in twice, the first time I was fully ventilated and had been given cpr by the paramedics on way to hospital. I found the experience of waking up and being extubated very traumatic. I really fear it happening again whenever things get bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fear the whole ventilation thing also so massive hugs. I hated the coming round and also the bit whilst under as I could hear my sister crying and feel people touching me but couldnt see or move. I also never want it again unless literally last resort and my partner knows this. Was the first thing I made clear to her when we moved in together xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so good to talk to someone who has experienced it. Its hard for others to understand. I've also made it clear its a last resort option. Came close to being tubed on my last admission. Was being bagged and got put on CPAP. That was scary enough! Hope you're feeling ok today. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed, being able to talk to people who have been there helps, especially when they dont make it into a competition, which ive had many people do. Good that youve made it clear, it makes it easier than trying to stress when struggling to breathe as it is. CPAP is cruddy but I guess a hell of a lot nicer than the other. Though having nothing at all would be perfect hey!! Im feeling a rad crap if im honest but trying not to mention to my other hf as I dont want her stressing over me as shes got to bake and decorate a cake for 50 this week for a friends sons naming ceremony, and I want her to be able to consentrate. Silly I know but I dont know what else to do. Thankfully I have GP on wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know exactely what u mean! Having severe asthma is hard enough, without people's one-up manship!! I get told off for playing mine down too much!! I get the whole not wanting to worry your OH, but I'm sure she'd rather that than you hide things and get worse! Do look after yourself. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete