Sunday 30 March 2014

Todays Adventure

Last night I was 100% worried that Dixies body clock wouldnt be able to be adjusted to the time change and I feared she would be awake at 0630. Suprisingly though, she woke up at her usual 0730. Not only was I pleased but I was also mega shocked. Straight after breakfast we took her for a walk. It wasnt all that successful though as my partners mum came with her puppy and Dixie just got to distracted and was running around the feild like mental. Towards the afternoon though, I took her for a walk by herself just to get some call back training in for the day. Every 20 steps I walked, I called her name and gave her a treat (dont worry, the treats are smaller than my little finger nail). She done really well though and I was happy that shes starting to pick up on the call back altogether. Once all our camping washing had finally finished, I decided to sit and chill whilst reading up on more photography stuff. Ive managed to find roughly 5 more projects to keep my busy!! Myself and my partner booked a tabled at pizza hut tonight for the four of us to go out for mothers day. My girlfriends parents have never been to pizza hut before and the mega enjoyed it. Infact we all enjoyed it. There was so much laughing going on which was great as we havnt had that now for a very very long time. I know it wont last long before then next downer but im glad that my girlfriend and her mother managed to have a great day between the two of them. It was lush to see. I thought I done extremly well at pizza hut also as when I felt full, I stopped eating. I didnt overdo things so im hoping on weigh day tomorrow I will have lost weight so keep your fingers crossed. Just before bed we managed to get Dixie in the show to get the sand and camping mud out from her skin and fur as it was really starting to irritate her. The shower, towel and hair dryer no longer scares her anymore though so it makes the whole process a little less stressful. Though it clearly made her tired as shes now snuggled up next to me in bed dozed to the world. Its been yet another very bust day for me. Cant wait to have a day where I can just sit and relax again as im getting beyond exhausted. TTFN XXXX

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day. But careful cos it seems like you're starting to over do things!! Make sure you find time to rest. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yh I had the sudden feeling I may be over doing things again. Problem is I think I have things planned everyday up untill thursday so no resting for me yet :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh busy then! Just try and pace yourself! I know not easy! And I'm a fine one to be giving advice, as I always overdo things and have a bad tendency to play down the seriousness of my condition. So I'm battling to hold down a full-time job and raise a family, when my health is really suffering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pacing is a wonderful thing. The issue I have is that because obviously I never know when ill next be poorly, I just keep doing as much as I can in the mean time so I dont miss an opportunity. Were all great at giving advice, its the listening to our own words of wisdom we lack lol. You just got to really focus on you, ok the job situation you cant massivly control but your family you can, plus, they can adapt to you. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally get the whole, doing as much as you can when you can thing. It's what I tend to do too. Unfortunately, most people I know don't get that. they seem to to think if I just keep resting then I'll get better, they don't realise that I'll have flares no matter what. However careful I am I'm still more likely to get really sick from a simple cold bug! I'm determined to keep working at the moment. My family are adapting, slowly, think it's hard for them to get used to how much and what I can and can't do!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your family will take time. My family are the same, and dont realise I cant keep up etc or arnt use to seeing me in my wheelchair etc but they will come round, im sure of it. I guess everything sadly and annoyingly takes time xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. True, it must be hard for our families to see us not as able as before. Do you need to use your wheelchair a lot? Personaly I'm still struggling with how quickly things have got so bad. Less than 2 years ago I had no asthma symptoms. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is very hard indeed, children adapt better than adults though of course. With my wheelchair, I use it for anything bigger than a few hundred yards, and then I use my crutches. Sometimes I do push it too far to avoid my chair but then thats when I end up on the floor. Im like u, but mine started 4 years ago. Had asthma since I was 3months old but always managed it reasonably well, and then four years ago it went crazy. Dont give up hope though, theres always something out there to help you xx

    ReplyDelete